Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Gourmand (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “gourmand.”  I remember when I first became a Christian.  I was walking on pins and needles.  I didn’t want to mess up and make sure that everything I did was absolutely unblemished.  Well, that lasted for about a week.  I was so stressed out about being the best I could for God that I forgot what I really needed to be concerned with.  I needed to make sure that everything that I did from that point on was in good faith, and directed in a way that had God center of those decisions.

“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” ~1 Cor 10:31


My question is: what are the things in life that you are trying to succeed at doing?  I know that with all of the responsibilities and things that need to get done, often we forget to remember why we need to do them.  My prayer is that you keep God at the center of everything that you do, and whatever endeavors you have going for you, do them for God. Do not be like the gourmand, who lives his or her life in excess, but do only what is necessary to help others see God's goodness.  The best way to give him glory is to allow others to see that your life centers around accomplishing everything in his name.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment