Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Alexithymia (Luke 9:28-36)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “alexithymia.”  Have you ever not understood something?  I'm talking about when you sit down for that math test and realize that you have absolutely no idea what you are even looking at.  Well, sometimes I feel like that with the Bible.  No matter how much I read it, there are always things that seem to perplex me.


“While he was speaking, a cloud appeared and covered them, and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.” When the voice had spoken, they found that Jesus was alone. The disciples kept this to themselves and did not tell anyone at that time what they had seen.” ~Lk 9:34-36

My question is: what are the parts of the Bible that you really don't understand?  I know for me, when I was really young in my faith, I really didn't know very much.  I had questions about pretty much everything.  My question is that you do not shy away from the things that you understand.  Just like the disciples here experienced a kind of alexithymia, you too will sometimes not understand stuff.  That will cause you maybe to not want to deal with it.  That might be better left alone.  But, always know that God will continue to help you understand his word, and way.  You need only to respond positively to his promptings.

Praying for you,



No comments:

Post a Comment