Monday, October 5, 2015

Amphigory (John 7.14-20)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “amphigory.”  As a new Christian, I took a look at the Bible and thought to myself, there is no way that I will ever be able to learn all of the stuff in here.  However, after taking the next several years to be mentored by guys who are older than me in the faith, many of them in college or just out of college, I learned to know the Bible pretty well.  That's what caused me to choose Azusa Pacific University over the other colleges that I was looking at.  It reminds me of those who probably heard the word from Jesus back in the day.  At that time, the authorities, like the scribes and Pharisees, did not know Scripture as well as they probably should have.  This was seen in the fact that Jesus was an untrained and unskilled teacher, but spoke with authority because of the knowledge he was able to apply.


Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him. ~Jn 7:18

My question is: are you seeking to know the word of God?  Sometimes it is intimidating to read the Bible for various reasons.  Some don't feel like they are good enough to deserve to even read what's in the Bible, because they know that they go against those principles and sin.  Others just never really give the Bible a chance, and think it is just an amphigory.  My prayer is that you try and learn a little bit about the Bible each day.  You don't have to dive into it and read a whole bunch, just enough to spark a conversation or two with someone else who is reading.  That's how you will become sharper in your knowledge of the truth.  And, it is then that you will be able to influence others in a positive and godly manner.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment