Thursday, October 15, 2015

Jejune (Ecclesiastes 10:10)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “jejune.”  Growing up, I remember there was always something to do.  My parents were pretty intentional on making sure that I stayed active.  My brother and I would play outside, go on bike rides, play baseball at the park with our friends, and do pretty much anything we could do while the sun was still up.  I don’t remember ever really being bored.  When we were not doing our own thing, we were involved in a ton of sports, extracurricular activities through school, and community projects.  Life was pretty good as a kid.  I kinda feel the same way about being a Christian.  There is always something more to do.  There is always someone more to serve.  It is important for us remember that God wants us to live life to the fullest.


If the ax is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed, but skill will bring success.” ~Ecc. 10:10

My question is: are you sharpening your ax?  Although we do not change and choose the circumstances in our lives, we do choose a way that we respond.  As we become more skillful in our daily routine, including seeking out God’s word, we put ourselves in a better position to be successful.  My prayer is that you ask God to give the strength that is needed to become a better person, and that you stay away from the dull and jejune life.  There is so much potential that God wants to bring out of you, you need only to ask him to see you through.  Become just a little bit better today.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment