Friday, October 16, 2015

Shirk (1 Corinthians 3.8)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “shirk.”  I used to think that life was a bit unfair.  It always seemed that my friends were getting away with stuff while I was getting the short end of the stick.  Specifically, I remember coming home from school and telling my parents that one of my teachers was being very unfair to me.  She had singled me out in the middle of class.  It doesn't matter whether I was right or wrong, because when I told my mom about the unfair treatment, she told me that I probably deserved it… and if I did not deserve it that time, I probably deserved it for all the other grief that I had put that teacher through.  And of course, my mom was right, as always.  Responsibility was a big theme in my house.


“He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor.” ~1 Cor 3:8

My question is: what is it that you put first in your life?  I think that God wants us to take responsibility for what we have been given, and live according to his principles no matter what.  My prayer is that you do not shirk this responsibility, but instead remember that how you live and act directly reflects upon both you, and Christians as a whole.  Even when life seems unfair, and that you are not necessarily having things go your way, always make decisions based on the responsibility God has given you.  Situations tend to work themselves out when we do our best to serve God in those decisions.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment