Thursday, October 1, 2015

Birling (1 Corinthians 10.23-33)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “birling.”  Have you ever felt like your life is spinning, but not going anywhere? I know sometimes I get in the middle of doing life and realize that I am not being as productive as I should be.  That is when I need to step back and remember what my goals are. The bible is pretty clear about keeping your priorities straight, and that no matter what you do, to do it with the intention of pleasing God.


“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.  Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God — even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.” ~1 Cor 10:31-33

My question is: what are your intentions behind the actions you take?  We are given a ton of freedom in our relationship with Jesus.  And, no matter how much we stay in line with his teachings, that freedom will always outweigh the responsibilities that we have because we are Christians.  I have done life without a relationship with Jesus.  And I've done life with that relationship.  The former made me feel like I was in a Burling contest.  Whereas the latter surprisingly has helped lower my stresses and concerns.  Not that life has been any easier, as a matter of fact it has not been.  But, knowing that I have Jesus on my side allows me to move forward with confidence in my decisions and actions.  Setting my sights on him keeps me grounded, knowing that I am making good and informed decisions. My prayer is that you focus on a life where JC is central in pointing your directions in the proper ways.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment