Thursday, October 8, 2015

Atelier (Isaiah 64.8)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “atelier.”  I have never really been very good at art.  I think I took a couple of classes when I was in college, but really just wanted to do my best to get through.  It’s not that I did not like it, or did not try.  I just was genuinely bad at it.  I really wish that I was able to paint, draw, or sculpt something really cool.  Maybe someday I will muster up enough courage to test those artistic skills.  This reminds me of God’s role as the master sculptor of our lives.


“But as for you, O LORD, you are our Father; and we are clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hands.” ~Is. 64:8

My question is: are you allowing God to shape your life?  It sounds like a pretty simple question, but I think the answer is a bit more complicated.  What a great analogy this is.  Sometimes I wonder if I trust God enough to shape and mold me, or if I fight him to be the potter of my own life.  My prayer is that you give God control of your life.  Whether your thoughts, actions, or desires of your heart, let them be pointed towards God and allow him to shape you into everything he knows you can be. We are the clay, He is the potter, and this life is his atelier with which to work.

Praying for you,



No comments:

Post a Comment