Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Antebellum (Exodus 15:3)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is "antebellum."  As most people equate this word with a certain musical group nowadays, there are definite spiritual implications behind that word.  We see in the Bible a continual struggle of good against evil.  God tells the story through the first few books of the Old Testament, and then that story plays out over the next several thousand years.  We are a part of that wonderful story of God's people.

The LORD is a man of war, the LORD is his name!”
~Ex. 15:3


My question is: where are you when it comes to your journey with God?  I remember in my pre-Christian days, or as I like to recall as the antebellum of my faith, I was less susceptible to the battles fought on holy ground.  It was not that I was any less important than another person, but the Enemy did not have to worry about me.  Before I became a part of God's family and swore my allegiance to fight the good fight, I was no threat.  Now, I am part of a spiritual renaissance of sorts, as are you.  My prayer is that each of you takes a look at where you are on that spiritual journey.  God calls each of us at different times.  It is up to us to respond.  I hope that you will continue to grow in that faith journey.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment