Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sessile (1 Peter 2:9)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “sessile.”  I have always appreciated about sports the fact that I was able to use my talents for both the betterment of my individual efforts as well as team.  When I joined the family of Christ, I was put in a position to again be a part of something bigger than myself.  I now have the opportunity to make both others and myself better.

“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.”
~1 Peter 2:9


My question is: where do you see your spot within the family of Christ?  Oftentimes we get so caught up in everything that we need to do individually, that we are not necessarily thinking about others.  For instance, if I'm at a baseball game and my stomach growls I'm going to get myself a cheeseburger.  I'm not necessarily thinking about anybody else up until that point.  Somebody else may have been hungry for some time before that, but my first human response is to take care of myself first. 

My prayer is that you understand as a member of the family of Christ, you are no longer just allowed to think of yourself.  We need to start thinking of ourselves as an active member of God's family, and that Jesus is a sessile part of our lives, immovable and permanent.  I would challenge each of you to figure out at least one way today to express to another person in God's family your appreciation for them as a fellow member in Christ.

Praying for you,


mo

No comments:

Post a Comment