Friday, January 3, 2014

Delitescent (Matthew 13:11-13)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “delitescent.”  I remember when I was little kid that I wanted to be a magician.  I thought it was pretty cool to do tricks and figure out how to make something unbelievable happen out of just everyday kind of stuff.  I also liked to read mystery novels… well, they were books at least.  In particular, there was a series called the Hardy Boys.  They were always getting themselves into some mischief and figuring out these crazy mysteries and got themselves into situations that only high level agents would experience.  It was all pretty cool stuff to me.  The Bible also talks about the mysteries that are revealed to us during our Christian walk.

And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.”
~Matt 13:11-13


My question is: where do you fit in concerning the mysteries of God?  If you're like me, you have a ton of questions.  I actually thought that when I accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Savior that a lot of these questions would be tied up neatly with a little bow at the top.  I thought that I would understand everything.  Conversely, I actually began to have more questions.  It was not that I didn't believe, but that I started to gain deeper understanding of God's word.  My prayer is that you take some time to fit into your priorities this year delving into God's word and letting it penetrate your heart in a new way.  Only then can the delitescent mysteries of God's word and plans be understood.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment