Thursday, January 16, 2014

Echt (Ephesians 2:1-10)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “echt.”  I remember way back when I was first beginning to look at leading a Christian life.  I knew for sure that I was not going to be able to live up to the standards of all the other Christian kids that I saw in the high school youth group.  But then I spent a ton of time with the youth pastor.  Over a process of several months that extended into years, he reminded me that being a Christ follower was not about being perfect, it was being authentic.

“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”
~Eph. 2:10


My question is: where are you on the faith journey with Christ?  Some of you are probably further along than others, and others may just be at the beginning of understanding what it means to be part of this community.  The cool thing is that Jesus does not really care where you are.  He just wants to help you understand a little bit more.  My prayer is that you continue to be yourself, a real and echt version of the best you.  Allow yourself to get better each day and always get up in the morning wanting to be better by the end of that day.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment