Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Idem (1 Corinthians 15:58)

Good morning lasdies,

The word of the day is “idem.”  I think one of the toughest parts about Christianity is keeping consistent.  I remember when I was brand-new in the faith, my pastor told me that if I could get a little bit better each day then I would lead an extraordinary life for God.  Although I feel I'm far from where I would like to be, I do know that taking his advice and becoming just a little bit better each day keeps me striving to do more.

“Therefore, my beloved brothers and sisters, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.”
~1 Cor 15:58


My question is: what do you spend the majority of your time giving your focus?  Just like giving your all when it comes to school or sports, God deserves your best as well.  What I love most about the Christian life is that I'm not expected to be perfect, but I am expected to strive for perfection, making each day an idem of the last.  My prayer is that you live a life reaching for that excellence.

Praying for you,


mo

No comments:

Post a Comment