Thursday, January 23, 2014

Litigious (2 Timothy 2:24)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “litigious.”  I was talking to one of my student athletes earlier on and realized that he has been going through stuff in some of his relationships.  It really frustrates him that some of the guys that he works with say one thing and do another.  On top of that, he says because they are not Christian causes them to talk bad about him and the way he does stuff.  Needless to say, he does not appreciate it very much that he is falsely accused time and again.  So, I encouraged him to do what others will not, and that is… love above the rule.

And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil…”
~2 Tim 2:24


My question is: what are the things that get under your skin?  Christians have to endure a lot of stuff that they could probably otherwise get away with.  Unfortunately, those who believe in Christ sometimes tend to be judged a little harsher than those who do not have relationship with him.  Some people think this is unfair, but I think it is right on.  When I made a decision to follow Jesus, I relinquished much of my privileges for responsibility.  When someone decides to be quarrelsome with you, you always have the option to portray a positive attitude, staying away from a litigious and argumentative manner.  You have been called to be an example to others.  Your attitude and actions reflect on Christianity as a whole.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment