Friday, November 22, 2013

Con amore (1 John 4:16)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is "con amore.”  Okay, so it's two words… Italian of course.  Most of you have taken some kind of language in high school, so you can probably deduct what this means.  A lot of times younger Christians who are new in the faith will come to me and ask what they should read in the Bible.  I always tell them that they should read 1 John.  For one, it's really short.  But I would have to say that in this short letter describes God's love very specifically and concisely.

“So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.”
~1 Jn. 4:16


My question is: what are you doing currently that reminds you of God's love?  I know that as I spend time with people who are like-minded and want to serve God, it causes me to understand his love for me.  My prayer is that you come to know and believe that God loves you unconditionally.  He wants the best for each of us and asks only, con amore,  that we allow for his presence to be in our lives.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment