Monday, November 11, 2013

Roger (Philippians 2:12)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is "roger."  In the spirit of Veterans Day I thought I would turn you onto a military term.  Actually, I think that most everybody knows what this term means.  When joining the military, I would bet that this is probably one of the only responses that a new folder would know.  When I think of this word in terms of the Bible, the apostle Paul comes to mind.  It seems that no matter what he was told to do, he just kind of did it.  He knew that God had plans in mind.

“Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling…”
~Phil. 2:12


My question is: with what kind of obedience do you live your life according to God's plan?  My prayer is that you would do things the way that Paul did.  When he told the church at Philippi that they needed to work out their salvation, he knew that following Jesus was not an easy task, but one that would take them to the end of life.  So, if you feel like life is pretty tough sometimes and you don't know what to do, just remember that God has you on a path.  If you seek to follow him with fear and trembling, you can always feel confident in responding with a resounding, “Roger that!”

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment