Thursday, November 21, 2013

Snarky (Philippians 2:14-15)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is "snarky."  This is one of my favorite words, both to say and to hear.  The reason I like the apostle Paul also much is because he was a pretty down to earth kind of guy.  The way that he lived his life before he accepted Christ was to be much different than after his revelation.  I think God knew what he was doing by getting a guy like Paul to be his ambassador.  It must've been so hard for Paul to put up with the early Christian church based on the way he lived his old life.

Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world…”
~Phil. 2:14-15


My question is: what is it mean for you to live a life such as mentioned here?  I know that when I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior in high school that there was no way I thought that I could ever live up to Christian expectations.  But that's where I think most people get it wrong.  We are not supposed to live up to other people's expectations, only to serve God.  As you can read in today's passage, there are many similarities with the generation then, and the generations now.  What hasn't changed is God's mandate to each of us.  As believers in Christ is our duty and responsibility to live lives that are blameless and innocent, avoiding snarky dispositions that would cause others to be turned off to JC.  My prayer is that you take some time to ask God to make you such a person.

Praying for you,

Mo



No comments:

Post a Comment