Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Novitiate (2 Peter 3:9)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is " novitiate.”  I remember pretty vividly my first few days of high school.  In fact, I was so nervous for my first day as a freshman that I had my mom drive me to the school the day before it started, I hopped the fence, and found out where all of my classes were.  I guess the reason I remember this is because I was moving out of my comfort zone into something new.  I think sometimes as Christians we forget that others who do not share the same beliefs as us should be up to par and figure stuff out quick.  This is the exact opposite of what we should be thinking.


The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.”
~2 Pet 3:9


My question is: are you the kind of person that others want to be like?  I know that we hear this all the time, but maybe we need to take a hard look at whether or not we are an example of what other people should emulate.  My prayer is that each of us take a deep look at the way that we respond to people who are not like us, mainly those who are not Christians.  For some reading this, you might not even call yourself a Christian, and that's okay too.  In fact, my favorite part about being a pastor is that I get to speak with people who are not of my faith beliefs.  Either way, I hope that God takes you out of your comfort zone and allows you to put your faith into practice, whether you are new believer in the novitiate of the kingdom, or if you are a seasoned veteran.  God wants to use you to speak to others.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment