Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gelt (Ecclesiastes 7:11-12)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is "gelt."  Accumulating wealth seems to be a pretty common theme throughout the Bible.  People in the Old Testament were often deemed successful by the kind of inheritance that they left to future generations.  It wasn't always necessarily money, a lot of times it was posessions, land, and livestock.  This passage below relates the need in our lives for wisdom, as it pertains to the desire for wealth and security.

“Wisdom, like an inheritance, is a good thing and benefits those who see the sun. Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter, but the advantage of knowledge is this: that wisdom preserves the life of its possessor.”
~Ecc. 7:11-12


My question is: what are the steps you are currently taking to gain more wisdom?  I remember years ago my pastor's wife gave me one of the most important pieces of advice I would ever receive.  She said that in the morning when I rise, and at night before I go to sleep I should always pray for both wisdom and discernment.  I feel that over the years God has answered those prayers.  I'm don’t always make the best decisions, but as I walk this journey with the Lord, he has increased my wisdom quotient.  My prayer is that each of you yearns for wisdom and discernment in your relationship with God.  He will give you all that is needed to set yourself up to leave a spiritual inheritance after you leave this earth.

Praying for you,


mo

No comments:

Post a Comment