Friday, November 29, 2013

Wight [James 2:14-26]

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “wight.”  Sometimes Christianity can get a little bit confusing.  We see that the apostle Paul tells us that we need to have faith in Jesus, and that it is the most important piece of our Christian walk.  Then we see the passages below that make us scratch our heads and wonder if we are on the right track…

In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.”
~Jam 2:17-18


So which one is it?  Funny enough, this is the age-old battle between Bible scholars.  My question for you is: do you show your faith in God by the way that you live?  It's tough sometimes to do what God wants us to do.  But, my prayer is that each of you remembers that your life is not to be lived for you, but for the glory of God.  Always remember to be wight, or active and nimble, in your faith.  You never know when someone needs your encouragement and affirmation that there is a God working in their lives.

Praying for you,

Mo 

No comments:

Post a Comment