Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Subjoin (Revelation 22:17-20)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is "subjoin."  I remember when I became a new Christian some years ago.  The book of Revelation was always pretty intriguing.  None of us really wanted to read it by ourselves, but we all wanted to learn about it.  Finally, one of my mentors decided to take us boys through it in our specific group.  It was a pretty intense book.  I remember towards the end of it God's explicit instructions through John not to add anything to the words written on those pages.

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book…
~Rev 22:18


My question this morning is: how do you see yourself fitting into God's plan?  I remember when I first realized that as a Christian I had a stake in claim to God.  It's pretty neat to know that God has made you and I part of his family.  My prayer this morning is that each of you thanks God for something specific in your life that is directly affected because of your choice to follow him.  For instance, is there a friendship that has come about because of your choosing to follow God?  Maybe some of you have changed specific thoughts, actions, or directions in your life because of your decision to follow Christ.  Or, maybe you're just seeking and don't know if you really even want to follow God, and that's okay too.  Just remember that God always wants to give you moments of clarity and understanding, and when it comes to knowing him, he is willing to do what is necessary for you to receive the blessing that he freely gives.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment