Saturday, January 17, 2015

Astir (Matthew 5:1-10)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “astir.”  I mentioned the other day the Beatitudes, and how important they were to Jesus ministry.  Out of all of the passages in the Bible, I think that people know this one even if they do not really understand the context or exactly what Jesus wants to convey.  When I was in Israel I was given the opportunity to see where the Sermon on the Mount could have likely happened.  It was pretty awesome.  I could just picture all of the people getting together and waiting for him, astir with excitement.

“Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them.” ~Matt 5:1-2


My question is: what are the things in life that you are most excited about?  I remember times in my walk with God where I was not very excited to read the word.  I felt that God was far from me.  But, I've come to realize that it is never God who is far from me, but sometimes I just slip away now and again.  But lucky for me, this does not change the way that he cares about me or attends to my needs.  My prayer is that you ask God to give you a fervor and excitement for reading his word.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment