Friday, January 9, 2015

Interosculate (Jeremiah 23:20-30)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “interosculate.”  I have had several mentors over the years.  Probably one of my favorite was a gentleman by the name of Dr. Tucker.  I think the reason he and I got along so long was that we were complete opposites.  I loved the way that he preached, related with others, and did ministry in general.  He was, and still is, a true stalwart in the faith.  But, with all of the awesome qualities that he possesses, my favorite memories of him are the way that he could connect people to the Gospel and help them understand and see themselves in the story of Jesus.

Is not my word like fire, declares the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces? ~Jer 23:29


My question is: where do you see yourself in the story Jesus?  Just like Dr. Tucker was able to help each of the people who were seeking after something different understand what it meant to live with Jesus, so should we be able to interosculate a direct line of understanding of what it means to accept and live out the gospel of Jesus Christ.  My prayer is that you take a moment and ask God to be a part of your story this year.  The more you ask of God to do great things in your life, I believe you will respond.

Praying for you,

MO

No comments:

Post a Comment