Monday, January 26, 2015

Subrogate (Leviticus 1.1-9)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “subrogate.”  We see in the Old Testament that there are a lot of ceremonies and representations of God’s blessings and stipulations on his people.  We see that the Israelites in this time often lived according to religion, and not necessarily their relationship with God.  We realize here that the person offering of a sacrifice to God needs to put his or her cares and desires before God, hoping that they will be accepted as genuine.  This was the daily routine of people that live in God’s time.  They looked towards religious leaders, like priests, to help them move their offerings to God, hoping to find atonement for their sins, and regaining a purity of consciousness.  This would later be subrogated by Jesus going to the cross for our iniquities.

“He shall lay his hand on the head of the burnt offering, that it may be accepted for him to make atonement on his behalf.” ~Lev 1:4


My question is: how often do you give thanks to God for sending his son as an atonement for you and me?  I know that it’s easy to lose sight of what is important in life sometimes.  We have so much going on that everything seems to be important.  But, my mentor always told me that I need to live a life of priorities.  I try to do that.  I try to keep things in perspective and not let the little things get to me.  My prayer is that you offer each day up as a burnt offering to the Lord, and that he may find your dedication to him pleasing in his sight.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment