Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Catchpenny (1 Timothy 6:17-19)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “catchpenny.”  What is your most prized possession? Each of us has stuff in our lives that we hold dear. I remember when I was a young boy, I was all about my G.I. Joe collection.  I carried those figures everywhere. I was ready at any moment to save the world with the heroes in my pocket!  Well the Bible talks about what we should prioritize in our lives.  We can see that in today's passage there is a need for each person to have the proper foundation is here she is ever going to be worthwhile and sharing the gospel.

“As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.” ~1 Tim 6:17-19



My question is: what are the blessings that God is giving you in abundance?  We can sometimes forget, when times are good, all of the things that God does for us, treating them like worthless catchpennies.  It's when we are in need that it seems we give a majority of our prayers to him.  My prayer is that you take hold of the future today, by choosing to follow God and make a difference for him.  Make a covenant with God this year to do good works, and be ready to see a generously with others.

Praying for you,

MO

No comments:

Post a Comment