Monday, January 12, 2015

Glut (Philippians 1:18-20)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “glut.”  In a world of excess it is often difficult to know what is important and what is not.  We get so caught up on thinking that we need stuff that we tend to forget what is really important. For instance, just the other day I left my house and got down the freeway a couple of exits… that is when I realized that I had forgotten my fone at home.  So guess what I did? That’s right, I turned around! How crazy is that??? And furthermore, I already had one of my fones with me, but I still went back. Now that is madness.

“…for I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ…” ~Phil. 1:19


My question is: what are the excesses in your life that would be good to revisit in this New Year? We all have things on our plates that we should reconsider why they get so much time and attention in our daily affairs?  What are the items on you agenda, or people in your life, that cause you get sidetracked off what really matters?  My prayer is that you take some time to see what it would mean for you to look to God in all that you do.  Allow God to be your glut, or full supply, today.  Try not to focus on the things that you think are important, and allow God to show you what actually is important.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment