Saturday, January 3, 2015

Vinous (John 2:1-11)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “vinous.”  Each New Year I am reminded of the celebrations that people have.  It’s good to see so much hope and optimism.  It seems that no matter how good or bad ones year has been, the beginning of the next year always brings hope and excitement.  I am reminded of Jesus first miracle.  As he was at the wedding and people were in celebration, he was actually probably trying to lay low a bit.  Like most of us, he was there with family and was probably obligated to be a part of the festivities.  And then, he is called upon to take care of a problem that most all of us know, including those who are not Christian.  The famous incident of him turning water into wine.

“What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.” ~John 2:11


My question is: what are the miraculous signs that you’re looking God to give you this year?  I’m not necessarily saying that God is going to do something crazy and out of this world like he did at this wedding, but I know for a fact that when you ask God to do good things in your life, he will respond and come to your aid.  One of my buddies was asking me what my New Year’s resolutions were this year.  I promptly told him two or three of them.  He was pretty amazed that I had resolutions.  My prayer is that you do have resolutions this year, and that God are a part of all of them. Just as back then the water mysteriously became vinous in color and nature – which was totally insane – God can change your life in an instant.  Make this year special.

Praying for you,


Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment