Saturday, January 31, 2015

Comminate (Psalm 146.5-9)

Good morning ladies,

The word of the day is “comminate.”  Understanding God’s blessings can be pretty tricky sometimes.  If you’re like me, sometimes you feel like the world is against you and that they’re just is not enough time, resources, and help available to help you get through the stuff that you need to overcome.  I think that the people in the Old Testament felt kind of the same way at times.  That’s why I take a lot of comfort in reading the Psalms.

“Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God, who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, who keeps faith forever; who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free; the Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous. The Lord watches over the sojourners; he upholds the widow and the fatherless, but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.” ~Ps. 146:5-9


My question is: where do you put your hope and trust?  It’s easy to say that you believe in God and trust him, but it’s a whole other thing to actually do it.  I know that for me sometimes I have to step back and remember that trusting God is an active part of my life, and not something passive that I just let happen.  My prayer this morning is that you realize that God is not about comminating us for what we do wrong, but instead bestowing blessings upon us because he does it through his grace and mercy.  Remember that God loves you and wants you to succeed.  Make the decisions today that point you in God’s direction.

Praying for you,


MO

No comments:

Post a Comment